Saturday, September 25, 2010

MAC Wk 4 Blog 4: Publishing and Leadership

I have a confession to make.

Hello, my name is Scott LeGere, and I am a conference addict.


South by Southwest, MEIEA, the Billboard Music and Money Symposium, the Americana Music Conference, AES, Digital Music Forum East… The list goes on. I have attended many. I love flying to national conferences and having the opportunity to learn and engage with other motivated professionals and educators. You never know who you might be sitting next to in the conference center or lobby, and the excitement and energy of collaborative learning and sharing is quite significant.

However, only recently have I discovered an important trick in conference attendance: if you can finagle your way into a panel discussion or speaking opportunity, the registration badge is often complimentary!~

As such, I'm excited to try and register for next year's MEIEA National Conference as a presenter to speak on my Action Research Project. In the past, I've really enjoyed attending the MEIEA (Music and Entertainment Industry Educators Association) National Conference as the main subject themes of the event correlate directly with the subject areas in which I teach at the McNally Smith College of Music.

Comprised mostly of teachers and instructors from media related institutions, this conference focuses on education within the music and entertainment industry. While not nearly as large as some other national events like SXSW, the attendees are generally very passionate about this subject area and throughout the last few years, I've been able to develop real and lasting relationships with colleagues around the country.

Later this month, I will begin reviewing my AR work to find the most appropriate and compelling angle from which to address my work and build potential interest for attendees. I'm looking forward to the challenge, and I'm excited for the opportunity should it arise.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, then you should have no problem with the P/L project, except, of course, deciding where you want to share your special knowledge.

    ReplyDelete