Saturday, September 11, 2010

MAC Wk 2 Comment 2


Jodi Zeigler has a post on her blog this week that really resonated with me personally. Read it here and see my comments below.

Jodi,

You are not alone.

I too am an incredibly driven individual. And, while I've talked about my behavior and competitive nature with friends and family, I'm often at a loss as to what is driving these tendencies.

Furthermore, I too feel that I've practically "lost" an entire year to grad school. It is easy to feel caught up with your own world when a program or life event such as this can be so demanding.

In all, this has been a challenging year. I've lost touch with many of my regular friends and associates, and in many ways, feel somewhat isolated from my community. That said, I do think that a perspective that embraces contributions can help significantly. I feel blessed to be working in education, and I'm also incredibly thankful that I've had the opportunity to learn and grow with you and the rest of our EMDT cohort in such an exciting and inspiring environment.

Rest assured, you already are working towards contributing meaningfully in the lives of your students. This program is helping all of us broaden our horizons and preparing us for a rewarding and exciting career enriching young minds.

Good post, and god work.

No comments:

Post a Comment